The Mentoring Program forms one element of the Civil Contractors Federation NSW’s Women in Civil Program, which was launched in June 2017 to provide an environment of support for women to encourage them to join and remain in the NSW civil construction and maintenance industry.
The mentoring program
The CCF NSW Women in Civil Mentoring Program is designed for women in the civil infrastructure industry who seek support and guidance. They will be paired with highly experienced men and women who are willing to commit time and energy to help them with their professional development.
Below are some key points of the program:
- Participants must be employed by a CCF NSW Contractor Member.
- It is a NSW-wide Program, and has been designed to encourage regional participation.
- Mentors and Mentees will be expected to be in contact at least monthly during the program, whether it is done virtually or face to face depending on location and personal preference.
- CCF NSW will match Mentees to Mentors according to Mentees’ application details and preferences.
- Mentors will be assigned to the Mentee for the duration of the Program. However, if your Mentor/Mentee relationship is not working, CCF NSW will endeavour to assign new partners – subject to availability.
- Mentors and Mentees are required to participate in two 2-3 hour events – Program kick-off and Program Close – both of which will be delivered face-to-face, and will include training and networking opportunities.
- CCF NSW will support both Mentors and Mentees by providing training, helpful templates, tips and information about mentoring and access to other relevant materials.
- CCF NSW hosts opportunities to meet, support, and learn from each other across the Program (Mentors and Mentees).
- Participation in the Program and attendance at the start and close events will be free of charge to Mentees and Mentors.
We are very excited to continue this amazing initiative and extend this opportunity to all women in civil.
To register your interest in being a Mentor or Mentee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Round 1/Pilot: 2017-18
Comments from the Round 1 Participants;
“Always better to chat to someone in person and interact with them one on one. Also opens the door to conversation with other members of the industry.” – Anonymous
”The support meetings held fortnightly keep mentors and mentees engaged. We also share
ideas.” – Anonymous
”A chance to interact with people you would not normally meet or work with.” – Anonymous.
Round 2: 2018-19
Comments from the Round 2 Participants;
“Nice opportunity to meet other like-minded women, to share experiences and connect over the virtual communities.” – Anonymous
”The program prompted me to have a good think about my career and my mentor provided an option to discuss it with someone external to my company.” – Anonymous
”I have really valued the program and believe my confidence has grown. I look forward to an exciting future and keeping in touch with my mentor.” – Anonymous.
Round 3: 2020
Comments from the Round 3 Participants;
“The structure of the beginning of the program this year is very informative and direct. It is very professional and inspiring.” – Anonymous
”Enjoyed speakers at the induction, they all touched on relevant points to our experiences, and enabled me to feel more connected to the program.” – Anonymous
”Learning to public speak is a great asset in any one career progression, I’m very glad this was included in the virtual communities.” – Anonymous.
Round 4: 2021
Comments from the Round 4 Participants;
“I have learnt so much from my mentor about developing relationships at work, gaining new skills and continuing to kick goals.” – Anonymous
“It was amazing don’t change anything.” – Anonymous.
Round 5: 2022
Comments from the Round 5 Participants;
“It was a great opportunity and CCF have done a fantastic job in organising everything! I believe it is a great program and has really boosted my confidence!” – Anonymous
“Go Women in Civil program! Thank you to everyone in 2022.” – Anonymous.
Round 6: 2023
“The CCF NSW mentoring program is really well organised compared to other industry programs” – Anonymous
“We really appreciate all the support (and events) that is provided over the course of this program” – Anonymous